Friday, October 23, 2015

Lost My Keys Again! 10/23/2015

Good Morning,

Happy Friday to you my friends. This morning kicked off with a hot cup of Door County Pumpkin Spice Coffee. So let's get this one done and in the books.

While duck hunting last weekend and after walking to my truck in the dark, much to my surprise I lost my truck keys. This is a feeling that just makes you want to sink into the muck and drown. I have a bad habit of misplacing things or losing them. Things like my eye glasses, pocket knife, my wallet, and especially my keys end up being searched for repeatedly.
I had walked a long way with my nephew, dog and all our gear. We had worked up quite a sweat in doing so. The temperature was dropping and so the sweaty shirts we were wearing were starting to chill us. My comfort level was going down as fast as my blood pressure was rising. We weren't too far from home and after giving Rene some good directions and with the help of a friend our spare keys were delivered and we were able to go home.

When I removed my waders, guess what I found in the boot? Of course it was my keys!

Psalm 19:4-5New International Version - UK (NIVUK)
Yet their voice[a] goes out into all the earth,
    their words to the ends of the world.
In the heavens God has pitched a tent for the sun.
    It is like a bridegroom coming out of his chamber,
    like a champion rejoicing to run his course.
 
It seems as if my things that are entrusted to my care and my care alone are vulnerable to me and my ability to misplace them.
 
Corrie ten Boom wrote " I have held many things in my hands, and I have lost them all; but whatever I have placed in God's hands, that I still possess".
 
But God has placed the sun just where it needs to be and He puts it away every night. If He can do that shouldn't we trust Him with the events of our lives? Everything I have truly placed in His hands I still have. I have entrusted Him with my life now and for eternity. I can't lose that and I will always have it. It can't be taken from me, neither.
 
I sure wish He would carry my car keys!
 
Happy Friday!
 
Marty

1 comment:

  1. Some of us do take stands on issues that are far from popular, some of them being the ruthlessness of the Republican Party, the thievery of Corporate America, and the destruction of the Earth as we know it. People may get angry about my opinions, but I don't care. Sitting on the fence is for pigeons.

    Ramona Aguilar @ Murphy Lock And Key

    ReplyDelete