Friday, October 9, 2015

How To Say Thank You 10/9/2015

Good Morning,

This morning has come already. I wish we could set the clocks back, just one hour. But the Door County Pumpkin Spice Coffee is brewing already and my cup needs to be filled and tasted!

I had to do a little shopping yesterday and at the end of my adventure I needed to wait in line to check out and pay. The line wasn't too long and before I knew it I was unloading my cart and the clerk was scanning my items. I said hello and did not receive a hello back. I thought the young lady must be a little shy. I said "how are you today"? And I received a "fine".  So after she had finished scanning my purchases and they were bagged she told me what the amount was that I needed to pay. I pulled out my wallet and handed her my cash. My change came to $4.38. She handed me the change and started to check out the next customer. Not a word was said to me!

I then decided that I needed to pursue this just a little further. I said "Miss excuse me. You never said hello, how are you, did you find everything and you never once made eye contact with me. The reason I cam back was to say thank you for allowing me to purchase these items in the store where you work and receive a pay check. So please let me express a thank you for allowing me to spend at times, large amounts of money here.  Here reply was "maybe you should shop elsewhere if you are looking for a warm fuzzy feeling. I checked you out, bagged the groceries with you and you want to chat. I don't chat".  I left astonished that she still had a job with the way she treated people.

Friends, we neat to put politeness back into society. Please and thank you should never have left the scene of daily living. Courtesy should be taught in the schools once again right after the Ten Commandments are memorized. A kind word goes a long way. I plan on still shopping there and will actually try hard to keep my eye out for this young lady.  I will make sure to say hello and see if a smile can win this little sour puss over. I know one thing for sure. I just prayed for her.

Titus 3:2   
To speak evil of no one, to avoid quarreling, to be gentle, and to show perfect courtesy toward all people.

Have a great weekend.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment