Sunday, October 25, 2015

Pancakes And Bacon 10/25/2015

Good Morning,

This day started well before dawn and the travel cup was filled with Door County Pumpkin Spice Coffee, extra hot. The ground was covered in frost and I headed out in search of some ducks to hunt with my good friend.

Proverbs 27:17New International Version - UK (NIVUK)
17 As iron sharpens iron,
    so one person sharpens another.

My friend Steve hunts with me from time to time. My Nephew couldn't make it due to some plumbing issues at home. He was missed. He shoots better than us old guys. Sometimes the three of us go together and that adds even more fun to our days.

Steve is more than a friend to me. He is also my accountability partner. We hold each other accountable for home, work and church. We pray for each other and keep each other on track as we fight temptations and weaknesses.

After we hunted, prayed and discussed issues, we had some time for breakfast. We went to our home and made some pumpkin pancakes and cherry smoked bacon. This meal was a feast! We chatted with Rene, cleaned our ducks and then I took him home.

When I got home, Rene mentioned to me that she just likes to listen to Steve and I talk. She said she is amazed how serious we can be and two minutes later be laughing together. She then said something that hit home! "When you pray, don't forget to be thankful for each other, not everyone has friends as close as you two. Thank the Lord and do it daily, while you still can."

She was right. The pancakes and bacon were good, but what made them great was the fellowship of two old duck hunters.

Have a pancake kind of day!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment