Tuesday, October 6, 2015

In The Wake Of The Storm 10/6/2015

Good Morning,

I am still hunting in North Dakota and really missing the Door County Coffee. I though of having some sent over night air but that would be a little extreme.

John 14:12   
“Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I am going to the Father.

It seems as if the hurricane out East has caused a lot of damage and claimed too many lives. Being in North Dakota in the middle of nowhere  is not exactly nowhere anymore. The internet and cell phone service has kept me in touch. Besides the hurricane the storms of life continue to ravage on. Death from illness struck, cancer seems to be on the prowl in a big way, leaky roofs, rape, injured backs, you name it and this week has already seen it's share. I have had a little more time to pray these days, and that is about all I can do right now.

Each one of these instances requires us to pray, and then pray again. Just when you think it is enough prayer, pray some more. It is at times like these when Jesus can be seen through others who care. You might not know anyone that was aboard the cargo ship that went down, but you can pray and God  might tell you to send a couple of dollars to a special fund for their families. You might be able to console someone this week. God often shows Himself through the work of others. That other could be you!

Think about it. What difference will you make today?

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment