Monday, October 5, 2015

Seeing Through Other's Eyes. 10/5/2015

Good Morning,

Still In North Dakota hunting ducks with a great bunch of guys. If I had remembered to pack Door County Highlander Grog, we would be drinking it. But my brain is tired and forgetful.

Luke 6:37New King James Version (NKJV)

Do Not Judge

37 “Judge not, and you shall not be judged. Condemn not, and you shall not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.


The picture above is my dog Gibbs watching intently for ducks while sitting with me in the duck marsh. He sees every bird as ones that can be shot. In reality, some are two far away to shoot and some are protected and can't be harvested in an amount more than one. But Gibbs doesn't know that. He just wants me to shoot and then he gets to bring back a duck. His patience with me is very low at times. I showed this picture today because what I see is a marsh, some decoys and the potential for ducks to come. Gibbs sees the same thing, but he also sees sea gulls, black birds and others. He wants them all shot. When I look at this through his eyes I can't blame him. Getting muddy, swimming, and bringing back a bird and receiving praise is what he lives for.

We see other people doing things that we don't understand, or have low tolerance for. But do we look at their lives through their eyes? Do we see them through God's eyes? Who are we to judge, when we have our own idiosyncrasies? When he wants me to shoot an illegal bird, I say no, but don't look down on him, because I have been tempted to want to do the same thing.  Let's not judge today. Let's look at others through God's eyes and see if we see things differently.

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment