Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Beyond The Sunset 10/20/2015

Good Morning,

I awoke this morning to the sound of coffee brewing.  Door County Chocolate Cherry Coffee will fill my cup and set me straight on my path to work.



As a duck hunter I get to see many things that those who are not in a marsh on weekends early in the morning or in the evening miss out on. Television cannot duplicate what I see in nature. A sunrise or sunset in person is always a thrill. But watching a marsh be put to sleep holds a special place for me. I look beyond the sunset and know that God is sending a signal that it's time to go home and rest.

I have a dear friend who has battled cancer with a no quit attitude. The cancer has won and it won't be long for him now. Through his battle he has always focused on others and saw God at work behind it all. He served the Lord with passion. Soon he will be called home to God for a rest, well deserved. He will move beyond the sunset. I will look forward to seeing him again. I know we will.

Beyond the sunset, O blissful morning
When with our Savior heaven is begun
Earth's toiling ended, O glorious dawning
Beyond the sunset when day is done.

Beyond the sunset, no clouds will gather
No storms will threaten, no fears annoy
O day of gladness, O day unending
Beyond the sunset eternal joy.

Beyond the sunset, a hand will guide me
To God the Father whom I adore
His glorious presence, His words of welcome
Will be my portion on that fair shore.

Beyond the sunset, O glad reunion
With our dear loved ones who've gone before
In that fair homeland we'll know no parting
Beyond the sunset forever more

John 14:2New King James Version (NKJV)
In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

God bless. Look beyond the sunset. You will love, who you will see.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment