Thursday, October 29, 2015

Warm Yourself By The Fire 11/29/2015

Good Morning,

The air has a little bit of a bitter cold bite in it this morning. I am not quite used to it just yet. But soon enough this will feel like a warm day once my body gets reacquainted with the cold. I loaded my cup with Door County Autumn Spice Coffee. That will do the trick.

Last night our home was starting to feel a little frigid. So to warm it up I started a nice blaze in the fireplace. I really do like the crackle of the hardwood fire, and the glow from the flames. I find it so relaxing, comforting and soothing that I often fall asleep in front of the fire. But no matter how hot I make the fire it never warms up a cold heart.



Luke 24:30-32King James Version (KJV)
30 And it came to pass, as he sat at meat with them, he took bread, and blessed it, and brake, and gave to them.
31 And their eyes were opened, and they knew him; and he vanished out of their sight.
32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and while he opened to us the scriptures?

When I find myself being crabby, or depressed with circumstances I realize that my heart has grown cold and it needs to be fired up.  The way to get that heart warm again is to spend time talking with Jesus. Jesus does talk back through His word the Bible.  So that means I need to open God's word, pray and read it. Soon my heart is warmed by my talk with my Creator. I talk, He listens, He speaks and I listen. Soon the fireplace has warmed my body and the time spent with our loving God has warmed my heart. When an ice cube warms up, it melts and turns soft and watery. When a heart warms up, it melts in love for God and others. It softens toward others and is like aloe for a burn. Your warm heart and compassion can help take the sting out of another person's life. Your cold, hard heart begins beating for others. The more it beats, the warmer it gets.

Why be cold hearted when our Heavenly Heat Pack desires to spend time with you and set your heart aglow?

Warm up, it feels better.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment