Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Baby Talk 10/13/15

Good Morning World!

This is a day that has been given to us by God. Let's do our best to make the most of it and make it nice for others. The old pot has brewed up a big cup of Door County Maple Coffee. I am ready to embrace it with gusto. I like that word "gusto".

I think we all have done this at least once if not more than once. We spend years in school attempting to learn proper grammar and word pronunciation and then we lose it the minute we interact with a baby. Then we drool and coo and babble just like a baby ourselves. words like little become "wittle" and apple sauce becomes "nummies". I am not knocking this at all because we all do it. It's no wonder that it takes some kids longer to speak. We teach them two different languages and one of them is baby talk. I actually am for this. Go and enjoy interacting with the babies and become young again.

But when it comes to your Bible and Spiritual growth there comes a time to start growing.

1 Corinthians 13:11New King James Version (NKJV)
11 When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

2 Peter 3:18 -- "But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. To Him be glory both now and forever. Amen."

1 Peter 2:2 -- "As newborn babes, desire the pure milk of the word, that ye may grow by it." Peter began and ended his very practical epistles with an injunction for Christians to grow.

Spiritual growth is basic to the life of a believer, just as physical growth is basic to the life of any person. God commands Christians to grow

So step up to the measuring stick on the wall and see if you are growing!

Have a great day.

God "Bwess".

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment