Tuesday, October 27, 2015

My Favorite Shotgun 10/27/15

Good Morning,

Time to wake up and face the day. I chose Door County Maple Coffee to put some extra octane in my human gas tank this morning. It's going to be a busy day, but that's how I like it.

I hunt with a lot of different people and just about every one of them has their own personal preferences when it comes to the type of shotgun they like to use for hunting. Different brands, different styles, short barrels, longer barrels, synthetic stocks, wooden stocks, gun slings, double barrels, pumps, auto loaders, and price are some of the options that are discussed at length.

For me, I like to choose a shotgun that takes an ordinary, sometimes lousy shot like me and helps me to make extraordinary shots.

Philippians 1:6New International Version - UK (NIVUK)
being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

People try on life the same way we try different shot guns. They try sports to find fulfillment. Some try other people and relationships to find fulfillment. Some will try school or their jobs to find fulfillment. Others will seek fame and money to find fulfillment. Like my shotguns, the one that was my favorite 5 years ago is now left in the gun cabinet in preference of a different one. Although I made some pretty nice shots with the old one. I had to try something else, thinking that there was a better way to make me shoot better. What worked before has been replaced.

The things and activities of life are just that, things and activities. Here today and possibly gone tomorrow. They can change and become out of style or not with the times. But the one thing, the only thing that never ages and is still relevant today as much as yesterday and will be tomorrow is Jesus. He never changes. He is relevant, vital, fits perfectly, goes with everything, and will be the same tomorrow or in five years.

Hebrews 13:8               
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

Chew on that for awhile.

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment