Sunday, October 11, 2015

Cherishing The Quiet 10/11/2015

Good Morning,

I filled my mug with Door County Harvest Blend Coffee and my day has begun.

Psalm 131:2 “But I have calmed and quieted myself, I am like a weaned child with its mother; like a weaned child I am content.”

Rene is still sleeping and our furry family member Gibbs is watching every move I make to see when it will be time to play. The view outside of my den window shows the leaves on the apple trees half way through their fall voyage to a color change. Our sugar maple tree is starting to color the yard with brilliance as the sun hits it. A few leaves have scattered a checkered pattern of color on to the grass. As I look out of the window, with the coffee steaming , all is quiet, all is calm. And I realize that this is a gift from God and I need to take it all in and enjoy it. God has painted quite a picture today. Stillness and quiet is a gift. I pray that you can find some today.

I think we all deserve some peace and quiet. It is so restful. So please put down your work for a few moments, cease from any anger or war you harbor in your heart. Lay down the hurt, or worry and let God quiet you. Smile to yourself and a know you are worth each minute of your quiet moment.

Have a wonderful day. God loves you.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment