Monday, October 19, 2015

The Comfort Of Slippers 10/19/2015

Good Morning,

The coffee pot rang out this morning ahead of the alarm clock with a pot of Door County Caramel Apple. I hit the floor running today.

It's is getting colder each day now and I don't hit the floor with bare feet. My feet are nestled in my favorite pair of slippers that are lined to keep these old dogs warm.

The slippers are old and worn, but are comfortable and easy to slip into. I would actually describe them as welcoming. They are also used at the end of the day to help me relax and revive myself for the next day. 

I also find that my Bible will do the same thing in the morning and evening. It warms my soul, adds comfort to my day, welcomes me anytime, and removes stress and anxieties.

Today I posted some comfort verses for you to print or post somewhere to use like Spiritual slippers. Better yet, the Bible is God speaking those words of comfort to you. Try Him on and see that He looks good on you.

Psalms 9:9 The LORD is a stronghold for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.
 
Psalms 27:4-5 One thing have I asked of the LORD, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to inquire in his temple. For he will hide me in his shelter in the day of trouble; he will conceal me under the cover of his tent; he will lift me high upon a rock.
 
Psalms 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
1 Peter 5:6-7 (KJV) Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

Psalms 119:48-52 I will lift up my hands toward your commandments, which I love, and I will meditate on your statutes. Remember your word to your servant, in which you have made me hope. This is my comfort in my affliction, that your promise gives me life. The insolent utterly deride me, but I do not turn away from your law. When I think of your rules from of old, I take comfort, O LORD.

Have a great day!

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment