Saturday, September 14, 2024

The Time Is Never Wasted . 9/14/2024

 Good Morning, 

This day began with a hot cup of Door County Caramel Apple Coffee and some prayer. Daylight is approaching slowly. We are told that the haze we are in is caused from fires on our West coast. 

John 3:16 NIV For God so loved the world  that he gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting life. 


I spent some time yesterday baking some bread rolls. They are the same version of what my mother used to make. They go well with some butter after they are warmed up for about 20 seconds in the microwave. 

My point for the day is this. Sometimes we all need to take a trip to a happy place. My trip took me to our kitchen and soon after arriving to my destination the memories flooded my mind. Hours later when I started baking the rolls, my mind trip took me to my mother's kitchen. Those rolls were always there to welcome you after our 5 hour drive to visit our parents. I can't even take a guess as to how many of those huge rolls we consumed as a family. 

Taking time to treat yourself well is never wasted. You are important to others and it is good for you to take a mind trip to happy days gone by. You are precious to God. Yesterday when the rolls came out of the oven, my wife Rene was there with a knife and the butter. Her smile was worth the effort. 

Make time to take a trip today and close out all the worries and troubles by treating yourself and others well. 

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment