Friday, September 27, 2024

Opening Day Of Duck Season.9/28/2024

 Good Morning,

My Thermos bottle is filled with Door County Old Fashioned Coffee and I am ready to babble on.

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. 

Friends in sheer transparency, I need for you to know that this was written last night and launched early this morning. Today is the opening day of duck hunting season. The ritual of getting up very early or sleeping in your boat overnight so as to be in the right spot in the morning has bitten me once more. I am meeting my very good friend at a boat launch in two hours. From there we travel to one of our spots that looks like it will produce a few ducks for us to shoot. 

We have accounted over and over all of our gear to make sure we aren't missing anything. My goal for this morning is to encourage all hunters to be safe in the field and on the water. No duck, deer, goose or pheasant is worth more than your life or the life of your hunting partner or your dog. Only shoot what you will eat,. To waste game just for the kill or the quest to shoot is totally wrong.

Make sure your ultimate goal is to make it home after the hunt. Remember this as well. There is no room for alcohol before the hunt or during the hunt. Make this the safest year ever and always make it a goal to make it home! Be sure to pray before the gun is loaded. 

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment