Friday, September 27, 2024

Celebrating The Day We Said I Do 9/27/2024

 Good Morning,

I just poured a hot cup of Door County Wisconsin Harvest Blend Coffee and it is time to write. My prayers are with those living in Florida and a few other Southern states in the USA this morning as they are still battling with a hurricane and the subsequent damage. 





It makes my blog seem mean to be talking about a celebration, while others are hurting. A long long time ago, on this date my wife and I  walked down an aisle and proclaimed our love for one another in front of a full church. It is a day I will never forget, although some of the details are a little faded now. The one thing that I recall is the Scripture passage we chose to be our theme that day and for the rest of our lives. 

Ruth 1:16-17 "Entreat me not to leave you, or to turn back from following after you; For wherever you go, I will go; And wherever you lodge, I will lodge; Your people shall be my people, And your God, my God. 17. Where you die, I will die, and there will I be buried. The lord do so to me and more also, if anything but death parts you and me,"

A couple of homes later, a couple of job changes, some cancer battles, a few surgeries, four dogs, losing three parents, 1 daughter, 1 grandson, a few vacations, and many other experiences later we still hold this passage of Scripture to be ours. 

For us, we do not know the future, but in every step we made in this adventure God has guided our way. And we know He holds the future for us. So these two weary wanderers are thankful for each other and for God Who before Rene and I  even met,  fashioned us for each other. 

Have a great day. 

Marty


2 comments: