Wednesday, September 25, 2024

Making Plans That Do Not Change 9/25/2024

 Good Morning,

The sun is not on the horizon yet this morning. Somehow sitting in the dark makes my cup of Door County Espresso Martini Coffee taste all that much better.


I like to make plans and I usually have a very full calendar. No matter how well I plan things out there is still the factor of things that are unknown, which can impact even the best of plans. For instance I plan on doing some duck hunting this weekend. The weather forecast is still really unknown for our part of the world. A hurricane down south may impact us, way up in Wisconsin. This will require a different jacket to be worn and will also impact the route I take to get to my spot due to weather impacting road construction or not. Maybe I should ask God if He even wants me to duck hunt at all.

Here's the point for the day. When planning things out, pray and ask God to show you His plan for the situation and for you. God's plans never fail. They do not fail, because God's plans are made with "Total Knowledge".  God knows the future and what He wants to do. How can he ever fail? 

Psalm 147:5 Great is our Lord, and abundant in power; his understanding is beyond measure. 

Psalm 139:4 Even before a word is on my tongue, behold, O Lord you know it all together.

Psalm 33:11 The plans of the Lord stand firm forever. 

Many people, many churches, and many businesses make the mistake of launching out on ventures and then stopping to ask God to bless them. The better plan is to ask God to show you the way or if this is even a venture He wants for you. Why waste the effort on something that won't be blessed? Better to be blessed before you start. More time in prayer ahead of the planning, allows for less planning to clean up a mistake. 

Food for thought. 

Marty 

No comments:

Post a Comment