Friday, September 20, 2024

A Nice Thought For A Friday. 9/20/2024

 Good Morning,

My cup was just filled with Door County Pumpkin Spice Coffee and it is time to write.

Friday arrived right on time. I knew it would. Today as we end this week I want to suggest a small exercise for all of us. Let's each of us look at this last work week Monday through Friday and scroll back and look for one nice thing you saw or experienced. Maybe it made you laugh, or cry.

We will take that moment in our week and think on it for a minute or two. Once we do that, we will acknowledge where that good and nice moment or thing came from. 

First off, we are to think on good things. 

Philippians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report, if there be any virtue, whatsoever things are of good report, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Secondly all good things come from God. James 1:17 Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of heavenly lights who does not change like shifting shadows. 

Recall the good thing or nice happening and thank God for smiling down on you. Enjoy capping this week off with thoughts of your blessing, 

It was a small thing, but while giving our neighbor a ride to a doctors appointment, I experienced a small kindness, but a nice one. Our neighbor needed to use a wheel chair. He tried walking the trek from the parking structure to the office and he made it. But he wasn't up to the return trip to the car. We used a hospital wheel chair on the return. Once to the car, I needed to return the chair. This would take me about ten minutes to do. Our neighbor was fine, sitting in the car until I came back from returning the rolling blessing. I was just closing the car door when a stranger walked up to me and asked if I was returning the wheel chair to the main entrance. I replied that I was. He then asked me if he could do it for me. "You have your hands full" he stated. I accepted his offer and thanked him. I discussed this with our neighbor and both of us thought it was a very kind action. 

It was a small thing but God provided a blessing while I was serving our neighbor. What goes around, comes around. 

Have a great weekend. 

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment