Tuesday, September 17, 2024

Respect For Life 9/17/2024

 Good Morning,

Today finds me in deep thought and with that deep thinking I have a hot cup of Door County Maple Coffee to soothe my body with warmth. 

Psalm 139:13-17 NKJV  13. For You formed my inward parts. You covered me in my mothers womb. 14.  I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well. 15. My frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in secret, And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. 16.Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they are were written. The days fashioned for me, When as yet there were none of them. 17. How precious are your thoughts to me O God. How great is the sum of them.


I bet some of you are looking to see if this blog will travel down the road of murder, or abortion. It easily could go in those two directions, but not today. 

I want to talk about my life and yours for a minute. We all have only one life to live and God knows when it will end. We should respect our lives and use them to the fullest for good and for others. The trickle down effect of a life cut short by not trying to take care of ourselves is more than we think.

You will be missed by your family and photos don't make the best memories. Your friends will miss you. You might be hard to replace in the work and professional arena. You don't know what you will never accomplish by leaving early. Some might wonder what they did to make you want to leave this world early. They might live with unjust guilt all of their lives. 

My point today is this. All life is sacred and precious. You need to consider the impact that not respecting your own life will have on others. Suicide is never the answer. You were wonderfully made and to stop what God intended you to be is not respecting yourself. 

You are valuable to others and that trickle down impact of a life ended early lasts a long, hurtful time.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment