Monday, September 23, 2024

Praising God For His Gift To Us 9/23/2024

 Good Morning,

This day began with prayer and a hot cup of Door County Caramel Apple Coffee. The coffee is pure joy in a cup!


A couple weeks ago, my wife Rene had retinal repair surgery. The healing process included a gas bubble being injected into her eye to protect the repairs. This caused her to be unable to see from the repaired eye. We were told that after a few days the bubble would dissolve and her vision would be fine. Last Friday evening she exclaimed that "Hey I can see out of my eye'" . 

Our prayers and some of yours had been answered. We celebrated by going out and treating the moment with a cup of vanilla custard. I want to thank God for His healing hand upon her and for those of you who kept Rene covered in prayer. 

We should never forget to be thankful when God intervenes on our behalf and we receive an answer to our prayers. We need to be thankful even when the answer to prayer is no. God is Almighty and as much as we desire to have a prayer answered in the affirmative we need to be thankful as well, when the answer is no. It is very hard to accept the no answer, but we must trust God to know better and that He calls all the shots. 

Isaiah 55:8-9 NIV "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways", declares the Lord. 9. As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." 

When in doubt, trust in the Lord. Ask, And continue to do good.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment