Sunday, September 15, 2024

Good Fruit Is Sacrificial 9/15/2024

 Good Morning,

I am starting my day with a hot cup of Door County Autumn Spice Coffee. I am in a hurry again, so my second cup will be consumed in my truck.


Today is our church picnic, and it is open to the public. My role today is to roast corn. I will be serving with the Men's Ministry Team who will also be grilling burgers and hot dogs. This is a great team to work with.  They totally understand the "Fruits Of The Spirit"

Galatians 5:22-23 NIV But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. 

I won't examine all the fruit of the Spirt today. But I will focus on one of them that sets the stage for the others. Each one of the men and women I will work with today loves Jesus Christ. They understand that He died for their sins and his love for us is the ultimate sacrifice. Our love for Him leads us to serve others and we should by example always have a mind of sacrificial love. A lot of people will sacrifice their time so others can enjoy a good time at the picnic. They exhibit the fruits and in that they are filled with love, joy, peace, kindness, goodness and faithfulness.

Parents are a great example of sacrificial love as well. They spend long hours at work to support the family. They often go without to make sure their children have new shoes and clothing. They practice sacrificial love. Folks will thank those who worked at the picnic today. That is a very nice gesture. But the blessings of serving those folks are too numerous to list. 

Have a great day. Pick some "fruit" today and share it with others. 

Marty



No comments:

Post a Comment