Thursday, September 12, 2024

Thank You For Your Prayers 9/12/2024

 Good Morning,

The sun is shining on our part of the world today. I just poured a hot cup of Door County Bourbon Pecan Pie Coffee and I am ready to write. 

Yesterday I announced that my wife Rene was having some surgery to her right eye. Her retina needed some repairs. I want to thank everyone near and far for their prayers and concern. I am happy to say that the surgery went well. There is a follow up appointment with the surgeon today. Rene will be restricted from any strenuous activities for three weeks. There is a protective gas bubble in her eye that also needs to dissolve. We were told that the bubble may take several days to leave. 

Mark 6;31 ESV And he said to them, "Come away by yourselves to a desolate and rest a while." For many were coming and going, and they had no leisure even to eat. 

Here is what I observed yesterday. The care at the medical center was exceptionally great. I was informed of what was going on every step of the way. Rene had a little trouble coming out of the anesthesia, and some additional medication was needed. The staff made that happen in an instant. 

We came home and here is my next observation. Rene is the one who is used to helping others. She is not the greatest at accepting help. She was mobile and needed little to no help with anything. She started to be a little too mobile and finally accepted the fact that I was going to ask her a hundred times how she was doing and if she needed anything.  Both dogs were afraid of her with that eye patch and they avoided her like the plague until I let her feed them. Then things were back to normal. 

I give God the glory for the way He orchestrated her care from start to finish. It might be difficult keeping this quiet but hard charger down for three weeks. She is already complaining about how she can't help with the corn roast at church this Sunday.  Smoke from the roasting corn and burgers cooking is a definite no no. She has to sit this one out. It is time to rest.

God bless,

Marty

2 comments:

  1. These great reports are always awesome, thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete