Saturday, May 18, 2024

Temporary Peace 5/18/2024

 Good Morning,

I am needing to leave home very early this morning. I think I will wait on my hot cup of Door County Brownie Batter Coffee and write. I foresee that coffee steaming later in my truck as I head to an appointment. 

We have a few wars disturbing the planet right now. Every so often there is a cease fire or temporary truce that is agreed upon by both waring parties and it usually is brokered by non participating countries. It seems funny to me that for a few days or more everyone settles down and things are quiet. This allows humanitarian aid efforts to take place. It also allows both waring countries to take a breath from the fighting and basically restock and replenish their war efforts. 

So the temporary peace is just that. TEMPORARY. I am well versed in my Bible and I know these wars will take place and if I expect it to get better, it really is only going to get worse. 

But there is a hope and peace that we all can take part in and grasp on to. 

John 14:27 NLT "I am leaving you with a gift- peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give, is a gift the world cannot give. So don't be troubled or afraid. 

This peace of Jesus is the assurance of a life after death and the offer He gives is for us to place our faith in Him. Freely accept the gift of salvation and have the assurance that we will reside with Him in heaven when we die or He returns to take us on up. It is the only permanent peace that cannot be disrupted. 

John 3:16 NLT "For this is how God loved the world: He gave His one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life. 

There is peace of mind and heart for everyone, no one left out. It is a free gift and it is by invitation. Why not live in peace despite the wars and turmoil? The peace that only Jesus can give.

Marty




No comments:

Post a Comment