Wednesday, May 1, 2024

A Sure Thing 5/1/2024

 Good Morning,

In front of me is a very hot cup of Door County Vanilla Almond Kringle Coffee and the sun is shining through my window. It is time to write. 

I started working on a small refurbishing project on an antique wooden tray yesterday and I can already see that it has a 50/50 chance of becoming what I desire it to be. Once I stripped away some of the old paint and varnish I discovered some hidden imperfections that might just be bad enough to scrap the project. I am hoping that today gives me a new view of the issues.

What I do know for sure is that we all are continuously a work in progress. I might give up on this refinishing job, but God never gives up on us. I think I am pretty good at refinishing old antiques, but this particular one might be beyond my skills. 

It is important that as we face challenges with issues that we own, we call on God to show us the way and the answers. God is always working on or behalf and never walks away from a project. He is constantly refining us and at times is stripping us of our pride, excuses, weaknesses, addictions, character imperfections, and sin. 

I am not perfect. But this I know for sure, I am not what I ought to be. I am not what I will be. But with each day in God's refinishing barn I thank Him that each day I am not what I used to be. 

Struggling my friends with your imperfections? Turn them over to the Master Refinisher. And know this. He won't quit until the work is done. It is a sure thing that you can count on. 

Isaiah 48:10 Behold, I have refined you, but not as silver. I have tried you in the furnace of affliction. 

Isaiah 64:8 But now O Lord, you are our Father, we are the clay, you are our potter, we are all the work of your hand. 

Revelation 3:19 Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline. So be zealous and repent. 

Psalm 86:11 Teach me your way, Lord , that I may rely on your faithfulness, give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name. 

God isn't finished with you or me yet. We are always a work in progress.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment