Saturday, May 11, 2024

Stress Started To Mount 5/11/2024

 Good Morning, I am treating myself to a hot cup of Door County Country Morning Blend Coffee and it is time to write. 

Proverbs 18:13 If one gives an answer before he hears, it is his folly and shame.



On Thursday I was faced with a plumbing repair at home and as always, a repair like that showed up when we were planning a fun weekend. The way it originally looked, I thought I would be removing a wall at a minimum. 

I prayed before I started the repairs and it did not go very well once I began. It was not looking too well for a few minutes. One small new tool later and some patience and the repair was made.  All the walls were intact and the floors were dry!

God was in control. I found the tool I needed. I had the parts. All the shut offs worked. And even if the repair went bad and I needed to remove walls and change piping, I have those skills. So no matter what would happen God was in control and He made sure I had all I needed. 

There was no reason to let my stress level climb. I could feel the stress welling up within me and for what reason? None, what so ever. So I almost missed the rescue God made because I was already planning for the worst. 

Go with the flow, (pun intended) and take all things one step at a time . Don't rush to assumptions or always plan for the worst. It makes a tough situation even tougher.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment