Monday, May 20, 2024

A Universal Greeting 5/20/2024

 Good Morning,

My day began with prayer and a cup of Door County Highlander Grog Coffee. It is time to write. 

Galatians 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithful ness. 



I attended two outdoor sporting events this past weekend and my arms are just a little pink with sunburn, These events attracted a small crowd and you crossed paths with just about everyone there within the first hour. The weather was beautiful and might I say it was perfect. So if you were waiting in line to purchase a sandwich for lunch, it seemed that the expression. "what a beautiful day it is" or variations of the phrase was the way to open up a dialogue with a stranger or someone you already knew.  There were less, "Good Mornings" than the greeting "Nice weather"

It seems to me that the weather has become a form of communication and expressing yourself or greeting others. It could be worse. What I am wondering is this? When the weather is sour, will I be greeted with "Man this is junky weather?" Acknowledging  a person you come across during the day and all we can muster up is a comment about weather. I think we are one small way from saying nothing when we greet others, because all we do is hand out weather reports. 

I think it is time once again to greet others as important enough to use their name in a greeting.  A drive by weather comment instead of a smile and asking the person, How are  you today? And then staying around long enough to hear the answer seems more appropriate.  Just some food for thought. You are as lonely as you choose to be!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment