Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Failed Miserably Last Time 5/28/2024

 Good Morning, 

I filled a travel mug with Door County S'mores Coffee this morning and in a few minutes I will be headed out to the garage to jump into my truck and head out for work. 

Tomorrow will be my last day at work as I retire again from the work force. My first attempt at retirement found me going back to work within a few months. You could say that I failed! A lot has changed in the 4.5 years. I have worked for a company that didn't mind taking in an older person and giving them a job. I have a few things on my agenda as I retire and that is to spend more time with my wife and possibly take a trip now and then to see what we haven't seen in this world yet. There is a shoulder repair on the horizon and of course the recovery time that goes with it. 

My wife very boldly gave me a 50/50 shot at succeeding at retiring. I quote her. "You won't last long, you were made for work and work was made for you." She went on to say this. "Don't make promises that you can't keep. I want you to be happy and if working makes you happy, than do so. I love you for who you are. Don't overhaul a good thing." 

Ecclesiastes 5:18 NET I have seen personally what is the only beneficial and appropriate course of action for people to eat and drink and find enjoyment in all their hard work on earth; during the few days of their life that God has given them, for this is their reward. 

So tomorrow I will turn in my ID badge and say goodbye to some great friends and head out with ambitions to succeed at retiring. Do they kick you out of the school of life for failing twice at retiring?

I guess we might find out or won't find out. I will of course keep you posted. Assignment Incomplete! 

Love to all. 

Marty 

No comments:

Post a Comment