Thursday, October 19, 2023

Walk On. Walk On. 10/19/2023

 Good Morning,

I am just about to take that first sip of Door County Vanilla Cappuccino Coffee so it is time to write. 

This day has me thinking about some folks I know who are struggling with the bumps the road of life delivered. It could be a cancer diagnosis, a death of a loved one, loss of a job, a marriage on the rocks or a break up. This list could  easily be quite larger. It just seems like these bumps in the road can look like mountains to climb and they will be impossible to overcome.

What is important, is to keep walking through the storms. Forge on ahead and don't lose your faith. Watch for others who are there to assist, you in doing so. They don't offer to help hoping you won't call. People usually mean what they say when they offer compassion and assistance. Most of all, know that the road you are on also has God walking with you and at times carrying you through the darkness.

Isaiah 46:4 Even to your old age, I am He and to gray hairs I will carry you. I have made and I will bear; I will carry and I will save.

Psalm 23. The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. 2. he makes me lie down in Green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. 3. He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for His name's sake.. 4.Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me, your rod and your staff, they comfort me. 5. You prepare a table before me, in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. 6. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever. 

Friends and family, walk on with hope and assurance that when you need to be carried, you will be carried. 

Marty


1 comment:

  1. Psalm 23:5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
    (A table that is yours) (God will not extract you from a broken world) (this table is in the midst of what we are battling) (can you picture the enemies that surround your table?) (you are invited to a table with Jesus) (the enemy was not invited)

    ReplyDelete