Sunday, October 22, 2023

Easy Listening. With A Recipe 10/22/2023

 Good Morning,

I just started a small fire in our fireplace to take the chill out of the house ad it is doing just what I hoped for. I have a large mug of Door County Bourbon Pecan Pie Coffee to warm my insides and it is time to write. 

 
Photo Credit Nick Schutte

Isaiah 40:8 The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of God will stand forever. 

I would like to recommend to all of us a plan for spiritual maintenance that is good for the heart and soul. Being semi retired I have the luxury of spending time each morning in the reading of or listening to the Word of God being preached. I pray about what I am going to write and for the last 11 years or so I have been writing this blog. It causes me to soul search, study some and plan. In other words my own blog is Chicken Soup for my soul. I am also active in a Men's Bible Study. I don't always lead the study but I prepare as if I would be leading every week and I enjoy the time spent in the Word Of God. 

Whenever I am driving to a work destination I listen to my old stand by radio station which has some great preachers bringing a lesson each day. I also have subscribed to a daily message from a church who has a great kid bringing a thought for the day and  a Bible verse. Hannah Hockman Of Novus Church is doing a great job of presenting the Bible each day. 

I like a warm comfortable house and we all know I like a great cup of coffee. So as I treat my body to the comforts this world has to offer and I do like cutting firewood. I also treat my mind, heart and soul to easy to read, or easy to listen to messages from the Bible. Now, not all the messages are comfortable. I often experience a message that is thought provoking and it corrects my path. But that too is very important to peace of mind and of heart. 

So as I close for the day, I ask this. What are you doing to give your heart and soul some daily food? You are as close to God as you choose to be. 

Love to all.

Marty

Split Pea Soup With Ham Recipe. Credit Taste Of Home. 

Ingredients And Directions

  • 1 package (16 ounces) dried green split peas
  • 8 cups water
  • 3/4 pound potatoes (about 2 medium), cubed
  • 2 large onions, chopped
  • 2 medium carrots, chopped
  • 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham (about 10 ounces)

  • 1 celery rib, chopped
  • 5 teaspoons reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granules
  • 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
  • 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
  • 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
  • 1/2 to 1 teaspoon pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried basil   
  1. Place all ingredients in a Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until peas and vegetables are tender, 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.


No comments:

Post a Comment