Friday, October 13, 2023

Proceed With Extreme Caution 10/13/2023

 Good Morning,

I am seated at my desk, and I am ready to write. Our two dogs have been fed and the Door County Blackberry Shortcake is in a cup next to me and it is very hot.


The weather is supposed to be rainy and wet for a the next few days. I have plenty of dry firewood in the house and I believe tonight will be the first of the fall fires to warm the house up. I might not wait until tonight to get a fire glowing in the hearth. 

I plan on duck hunting a little this weekend and as I was thinking about the walking I need to do to get to some of my spots where I like to hunt, I decided to stay away from the rain laden river which will be swollen and deep because of the three day storm we are in. The river can trip you up even when the water level is low and every now and then I have experienced a splash down and got soaked. My waders filled up with some water and the hunting experience was to say the least cold and miserable. In order to navigate the walk up river, the trip is taken slowly and you walk with caution. The hidden underwater rocks or logs are not able to be seen and are tripping hazards. In my younger days I had better balance and could often stumble a little bit and still stay upright and dry. Not so much anymore. My two knee replacements make my legs a little stiff now and then. 

My point is this. In life there are always hidden obstacles just waiting to trip you up. The walk through life can often be waded through without harm or mayhem. But then there are those temptations or incidents that will cause a person to really stumble and lose their way. The world comes down on them and they need help getting up and headed in the right direction. The solutions to that are for another day.  The best way to stay upright in life is to avoid the hazards that so easily trap us. Staying in the word of God is the best way to fight off the temptations that pop up and cause us to drown in our own mistakes.

Psalm 119:11-13 I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against You. 12. Praise be to you Lord, teach me your decrees. 13. With my lips I recount all the laws that come from your mouth.

1 Peter 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant, because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. 

Life is best traveled through with caution, watching out for the hidden trips and falls and avoiding them as much as possible.

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment