Friday, October 20, 2023

First Fire Of The Season 10/20/2023

 Good Morning,

The day began with a a hot cup of Door County Bourbon Pecan Pie Coffee and some prayer.

Micah 6:8 He has shown you, O Man, what is good; And what does the Lord require of you, But to do justly, To love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God. 

Yesterday was a cool, damp and windy day and somehow I caught a chill and it went right to the bone. I feel ok but for some reason I could not shake the chill of the rain and dampness. It did not take me too long to whip up a pot of chicken soup and just to have it simmering in the pot made me feel better, but I was still cold. 

So out to the garage I went and I brought in a small armload of fire wood. Soon after that a small fire was crackling in the hearth and both dogs were waiting for me to vacate the area in front of the fireplace. They have claimed that area as their personal spot to warm up and bask in the heat. 

My point for the day is this. All it took to shake the chill were two simple items and sometimes simple is best. The soup wasn't anything a gourmet cook would serve, but it tasted good and it was hot. I could have turned up the home furnace a little, but our two dogs were made happy with the fire and later I noticed my wife Rene was infringing on the dog comfort zone with her back up to the hearth.

All of that expended no money, no real effort, and the result was some happy campers in our house. 

Advice for today. Keep it simple.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment