Saturday, October 14, 2023

No Complaints For The Cook. 10/14/2023

 Good Morning,

I am headed out to hunt this morning with a great bunch of guys. I filled a Thermos bottle with very hot Door County Autumn Spice Coffee.

I have said this before. I do 90% or more of the cooking in our home and it is just my wife Rene and I living here. I choose what to make and either Rene or I will pick up the stuff needed to make our dinners. Now, when I say choose we do discuss the menu for the week, or at times for a couple of weeks. I will run some things by Rene and 99% of the time she agrees with my choice. She does however really like to eat breakfast food for dinner now and then. 

What makes this arrangement work is that neither one of us is very fussy. What makes it even easier is that we tend to put each other first. Rene knows I can eat lasagna any day of the week. I noticed that she thinks she is pulling a fast one on me when I ask her what she would like for meals on any given week. Her reply is "hey how about lasagna"? She is choosing what I like and trying to make me think that is what she really wants. She is putting me first. Marriage is a partnership where we sacrifice for one another. I have a hard time eating eggs, toast and bacon after 10am. But, I have been known to rustle up a couple of omelets or French toast for dinner. I like to see her happy. Tonight we will be eating beef stew. 

So, my friends, today's theme is "Others First"

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment