Thursday, October 12, 2023

Take A Kid Hunting 10/12/2023

 Good Morning,

I am enjoying a mug of Door County Pumpkin Spice Coffee and I just might have time to drink a second cup. 

1 Corinthians 11:2 Now I commend you because you remember me in everything and maintain the traditions even as I delivered them to you.

I started hunting with my dad when I was ten years old. I would imagine that having a kid along added some extra stress. I had a lot of questions and could trip over logs better than anyone I know. I managed to stay awake the whole day, but once I was seated in a warm car, I always ended up in a deep sleep. I learned very well at the young age that hunting was a lot of fun and a lot of hard work.

I also learned a lesson on family during those young years. We would hunt with my grandpa, aunts, uncles, my siblings and cousins. Most of who are all gone now and sometimes I miss those days dearly. Those times eating lunch on the back of a tail gate or having a bowl of chili after the hunt are times I will never forget. 

I have had the luxury of hunting with my nephews and one grandson. It has been a great pleasure to see  them shoot some pheasants , ducks and geese. I am blessed to have passed on this heritage and tradition  to those guys and their lady friends. I recommend you take a kid hunting. 

Be patient with them. Build up their self esteem. Give them memories that will carry on long after you are gone. Thank them for sharing their time with you. Always pray with them. Teach them to honor God. 

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment