Thursday, October 5, 2023

Even A Little Light Changes The Darkness 10/5/2023

 Good Morning,

A cup of Door County Highlander Grog Coffee sits next to me and our two dogs are on my feet. It is time to write. 

Psalm 18:28 You, Lord keep my lamp burning; My God turns my darkness into light. 

This coming Saturday I will be going out in the early hours to duck hunt. I will be going with one of my nephews and a good friend. I will be hunting in a spot that I have never hunted before. So this means the landscape will not be familiar to me. From what the two boys have told me is that it requires a short walk to the water and a little rowing of a boat. 

My goal is to take as little gear as possible and to wear a good head lamp to help me find my way without stumbling. Tomorrow morning I will be checking my gear twice and making sure my head lamp has sufficient power stored in the batteries. It is supposed to be cloudy Saturday morning so the moon will not illuminate my path way. I am looking forward to a great time.

My point for today is this. I could try and make it without any light, but that would be a foolish stunt on my part. Any light is better than no light. Even the smallest of lights changes the darkness to light. The more light I bring with me, the more my trail will be clear. 

Many people are wandering through life and maybe right now there seems to be only darkness around your heart, soul, and mind. If this is the case, maybe it is time to reach out for the light of God who can change the darkness of any heart and soul. He brings light to the scene of your life. He restores music to your soul. Once that pathway of your life has God showing you the way, the days begin to be brighter and more purposeful. The more light you have while in the darkness leads you to stay within the glow of the light. Your desire to go back to the depths of darkness diminish. 

So my friends, if this is you and your story, quit wandering from your own solutions and follow God. I might have been able to navigate a swamp years ago without a lamp. But I am smarter and wiser now.

Bring some God Light into your life and follow closely.

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment