Sunday, October 15, 2023

Just Be Nice 10/15/2023

 Good Morning, 

I am awake after a good night of sleep and I have to say, it is a little chilly inside our house this morning. So, not only does my hot cup of Door County Autumn Spice Coffee taste good. It also feels good. 

Galatians 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness and faithfulness, 23. gentleness, self control; against such things, there is no law. 


I believe that just being a nice person is not hard to do. But I am afraid to say that a friendly person is not always appreciated.  I think that is because many people are not accustomed to experiencing people being nice. It could be that the recipient of nice gestures by others feels that they must always repay the person who delivered a nicety to them. And they themselves don't feel like being nice to others. 

I believe that in most instances nice gestures inspire me to do something nice in return to others. We have been experiencing a lot of rain lately. But the rain did not stop us needing some groceries. I only needed a few items, but soon after arriving to the store I had almost filled a grocery basket with items needed for the week ahead. After paying for my groceries I headed to our truck and proceeded to unload the cart. And yes the rain kicked in pretty hard and just as I placed the last bag of groceries in the truck a young man came up to the truck and took the cart from me saying, " I will take your cart. Get out of the rain and have a nice day."  This young man took the cart and ran off to the store with it. I followed his advice and jumped into my vehicle and returned home. I pondered that nice act for a moment or two. Then it occurred to me that I have a friend going through a rough time and that he could use a nicety. I made up a meatloaf dinner for him and took it to him later that evening. 

So think about the nice things you could do for others and my goodness do them, without expecting anything in return. You just might trigger a chain reaction of NICE.  NICE LEADS TO NICE!

Have a great day and be nice!

Marty

2 comments: