Monday, October 2, 2023

Strong Enough To Bend 10/2/2023

 Good Morning,

I just came in from outside. Both of our dogs are already back to sleep and for me it is time to write. 

Philippians 2:3 Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. 

I am putting my thoughts together for a wedding that is coming up this Friday. One thing I hope to cover in my message to the bride ad groom is that they should grow their relationship so that they are strong enough to bend. 

My thought on marriage is that it is a constant battle of wills if the couple allows it to be. My hope for this couple is that as each day goes by they lose more of themselves and our desire to be first in all things. I pray that they grow in love for each other so that they individually are strong enough to bend. My advice is for them to put each other first and that will require the bending of their own desires at times. Bending is not weakness. It is actually strength and can only be done when your love for another is so great that you sacrifice your desires for the other person without keeping score.

Food for thought on the Monday morning.

Marty



No comments:

Post a Comment