Saturday, October 21, 2023

Therapy For The Mind 12/21/2023

 Good Morning,

I should be duck hunting this morning. But sometimes you just have to sit one out. I just poured a hot cup of Door County Bourbon Pecan Pie Coffee and it is time to write. 

I need to rest up one day and I will hunt tomorrow. I have a busy day ahead of me anyway. Tonight our Saturday night church group will be having a baked potato bar after the evening service. My wife Rene and I are baking the potatoes today and setting up the gymnasium at our church for the event. The potatoes are some very large russets and it is a chore to bake those big boys. We will be super busy!


No matter how busy I am I still make time to read my Bible and recharge and reset my mind. I believe in all 66books in the Bible and I believe it is the number one way God speaks to us. Although there are a number of ways He speaks, I believe the Bible is number one.

Romans 12:1-2 Therefore I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God- this is your true and proper worship. 2. Don not conform to the patter of this world, but transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is- His good pleasing and perfect will.

Matthew 4:4 It is written, man does not live by bread alone, but every word that proceeds from the mouth of God. 

2Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness. 

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of is is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword. piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of thoughts and intents of the heart. 

My thought for the day is this. When was the last time you read and studied the Bible? Do you rely on hearing the Word one day a week? Do you eat all your meals for a week on one day? The answer is no. You eat each day giving you strength for the next day. All believers should be reading the Word of God daily. It is a time each day that we need to recharge, reset, correct, or to approve our walk with God. 

Dine on!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment