Tuesday, October 31, 2023

I Received A Scolding 10/31/2023

 Good Morning,

A hot cup of Door County Toasted Praline Coffee is entertaining my taste buds and it is time to write.

Luke 6:31 As you wish that others would do to you, do so to them. 

My wife Rene and I knocked out a lot of yard work yesterday and many chores were finished. Rene had to run to the grocery store for a couple of things we needed and I continued my share of the work. When she returned she asked me a question and she had a serious look on her face. She was looking at the ladder in our garage and I knew right then and there that I was in trouble. "I thought we agreed that all ladder work was to be done with both of us around?" said Rene. Where are the garden hoses? was her next statement. I was already condemned so I just fessed up that they were in the rafters of the garage. As I am getting older I am on the receiving end of more and more rules. Prior to agreeing to have her at least home when I am on a ladder, she asked me to consider not hunting alone. I fought that one off and agreed to mark on my phone my location while hunting and not waver from it without calling and marking the new area. I pretty much hunt in the same spots when I am alone. 

I don't like the rules, but I understand her concern and she worries about me. So I don't have to like it, but I do need to respect her concerns. We have built a marriage on love, respect and compromise. So Rene will feel better knowing that I am trying to be safe.

Respect, and compromise without love are just a business deal, not a relationship. 

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment