Monday, October 23, 2023

Hot Or Cold. Be One Or The Other. 10/23/23

 Good Morning,

There Is A hot cup of Door County Highlander Grog Coffee next to me. The house is very quiet and it is time to write. 

For me, there is a small disappointment I encounter while drinking coffee and it is all my own doing. When I pour a cup of coffee in the morning I actually heat the liquid on the stove or in the microwave just a little bit more than the coffee maker heats it. There is a heat transfer from the pot to the cup and the coffee loses some of it's heat. You could say that I am fussy about my coffee. Then as I get busier in the morning I set the mug of coffee down and of course it cools off. I like to drink it when it is fresh and I like it hot. So that later morning sip I take is sometimes that of lukewarm coffee and it just doesn't set well with me.  When I am duck hunting and it is cold outside, I love to open my insulated bottle and see the steam rise from my cup. I drink that brew and it warms me up. The truth be known, one of my dogs likes to steal a sip of hot coffee while munching on a donut in the duck blind. 

God has something to say about lukewarm. Here we go.

Revelation 3:15-17 I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other. 16. So because you are lukewarm neither hot or cold. I am about to spit you out of my mouth. 17. You say I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.'  But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked. 

Hot and cold refers to the spiritual state, "hot" people being on fire for the Lord, and cold people who haven't  or won's accept the Gospel message of Jesus. "Lukewarm" would refer to those in 2 Timothy 3;5 who have a form of godliness  but denying it's power. And those in Hebrews 6:4-5 who have been enlightened and have experienced the heavenly gift of Jesus and the Holy Spirit and have fallen away. 

If our faith is worth anything it is worth everything.  Lukewarm coffee is nasty. What is the temperature of your faith?

Have a great day. 

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment