Saturday, September 30, 2023

Nowhere You Can Hide 9/30/2023

 Good Morning,

My cup was just filled with Door County Maple Coffee and it is time to write.

My wife Rene and I took a couple of days away from home to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We had a very nice time in Door County Wisconsin. We arrived back home later yesterday and once again I am at my desk. The old desk where I sit is at times a source of comfort. Our getaway was planned a few months ago and it felt good to have no responsibilities nor did we need to rush anywhere. We took some time to basically hide out and rest. 

I thought about the fact that we kind of hid from everything, yet we never left the watchful eye God has over us. It was a secure fact and feeling. 

Psalm 139:7-12 7. Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? 8. If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. 9. If I rise on the wings of dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, 10. Even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast. 11. If I say, "Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me," 12. even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like day, for darkness is as light to you. 

We can run from the world. We Can take some time to rest. But, no matter our circumstances, we are never absent from the presence of God. What a nice thought for this day!

God bless,

Marty



2 comments:

  1. Just the thought that God is with us where ever we go helps to keep us on the right path.

    ReplyDelete