Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Looking For Approval 9/20/2023

 Good Morning,

I just poured a warm cup of Door County Highlander Grog Coffee and now it is time to write. 

Proverbs 13:10 By insolence comes nothing but strife, but those who take advice is wisdom. 

Now and then I have been asked to share an opinion on something or another. It is usually to give my thoughts on a decision a person wants to make. I have this unique gift of knowing when they are looking for my approval and to be honest whether or not I agree with their plan, they have already planned on going ahead. When this occurs I usually just stay relatively quiet and don't say much and avoid the subject. I just stay pretty quiet and listen. I don't give a yes or a no, because it is just breath that is wasted. If they are sincere and have a desire to really place value on my opinion, I will share my thoughts. 

I won't link myself to a plan that I feel is going to fail and I won't work hard to change anyone's mind when they are already full steam ahead. I do believe we need to be there to pick up the pieces if and when it fails, but I don't think we should shoulder the responsibility for a plan that had failure written on it from the start. 

Be careful on advice you give. Sometimes it is best not to give any at all!

Marty

3 comments:

  1. Good morning Marty, praying for you that soon you may enjoy a hot cup of Door County Coffee as I am now
    Love you man

    ReplyDelete
  2. Words of wisdom!
    Your words pierced my heart with a flaming arrow.
    But your bruised face pinched it almost as hard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What are you ready for combat

    ReplyDelete