Thursday, September 21, 2023

The Dogs Win . 9/21/2023

 Good Morning,

I just poured a cup of Door County Highlander Grog Coffee and it is time to write. 

Job 33:4 The Spirit Of God has made me. And the breath of the Almighty has given me life. 

Last night our oldest dog was not happy at all about not going outside to play as much as he wanted to. He sat at the back door and began to whine a little. I let him outside and he just stood there. What he really wanted was for me to come outside and do some bird dog training which he believes is play time. 

I haven't felt all that well lately and the whining was more than I could bear. So I went outside and ran the dogs until they were tired and ready for some rest. They wore me down and actually the cool air felt good. I came inside ready to shower and get some sleep.

Now did the dogs win or did I win? I believe I really needed some fresh air and the dogs pushed me to get up and get some air. So I will call this a tie and say that we all benefited from the time spent outside together. 

Good ideas come in many forms and now and then you just have to listen to your dog!

Have a great day!

Marty

1 comment: