Friday, September 29, 2023

A Happy Thought For Friday 9/29/2023

 Good Morning,

I find myself in Door County Wisconsin this morning. I am sipping on a hot cup of Door County German Chocolate Cake Coffee and it is time to write. 

The end of the week has arrived and I am enjoying a day with my wife looking at the trees which are changing colors with the seasons. We have enjoyed a short road trip together and as with all things it has come to an end. As we were traveling to our destination yesterday, we were also planning our Christmas holiday and seeing our daughter. We are praying that if God wills, our Christmas holiday will be blessed by having us be together. 

My thought for today is this. If at all possible, try to plan ahead and make the Christmas holidays a special time. You probably are saying "it is not even Thanksgiving yet. I can't start planning Christmas now!" I will tell you this. Planning for a vacation is half of the fun and gives us both something to look forward to. 

Philippians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise,  think on these things. 

I keep myself happy also by looking forward to heaven some day. Now and then I just like to imagine what it will be like when I make that journey some day. It is a one way trip and can't be canceled, or disrupted by weather. 

So for today, concentrate on happy thoughts and not ones of rotten circumstances. 

Have a great day.

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment