Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Hey Hon Another Year 9/27/2023

 Good Morning,

I just finished a large cup of Door County Peanut Butter Crunch Coffee and it is time to write. 

Today my wife and I celebrate our wedding anniversary. We met a long time ago. Both of us worked at the same hospital. I was loaned out to the X-ray department for a time and Rene and I met while she was teaching me to develop films. Yes, we met in a dark room with a red light. Nothing was digital back then and you actually had to process films to give the doctor x-rays to be read. We did not start dating until a year later. We were married two years after that. 

I will go on the record saying that "I married Up". Rene and I both bring out the best in each other and we enjoy being married. I can't imagine not being married. 

So today my advice is to those who will be getting married and to those who are married.    ENJOY THE PROCESS. WORK HARD AT MAINTANING YOUR RELATIONSHIP. PROTECT EACH OTHER. 

Song of Solomon 8:6-7 Place me like a seal over your heart, like a seal on your arm; for love is as strong as death, its jealousy unyielding at the grave. It burns like blazing fire, like a mighty flame. Many waters cannot quench love; rivers cannot sweep it away. If one were to give all the wealth of one's house for love, it would be utterly scorned. 

When we were first married I never pictured the day when we would be old and in the Fall of our lives. Aging creeps up ever so silently and then it is there. I won't say our best days are behind us, not as long as we are still here. I believe they are with us each day.

God bless,

Marty

4 comments:

  1. Rene and Marty,
    God bless you both, and wé pray that yoú guys will be blessed to celebrate 50 years together as yoú helped us to celebrate ours earlier this year.
    Love you both
    God bless you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully said! Happy Anniversary! 💕

    ReplyDelete