Saturday, September 23, 2023

It's A Golden Rule For Sure. 9/23/2023

 Good Morning,

This day started awhile ago and I finally sat down to write with a cup of Door County Wisconsin Harvest Blend Coffee on my desk next to me. 

Matthew 7:12 NKJV Therefore whatever you want men to do to you, do also to them, for this is the law and the prophets. 

When I was a young child my mother would often quote this verse to me, especially if I was being mean or saying bad things about someone else. She called it the golden rule. My wife Rene and I have a measuring stick attached to our garage. The ruler has this verse quoted on it. It has hung on our garage for many, many years. 

I would like to take a minute to say that being kind to others and loving our neighbors as ourselves is a great way to to live. This should be the governing force on our hearts. We treat others as we would want to be treated. I also want to say that Galatians 6:7 goes hand in hand with do unto others.

Galatians 6:7 NKJV Do not be deceived, God is not mocked, for whatever a man sows, that he will  also reap. 

This is a simple rule and there is no reason that anyone should not comprehend the meaning of it. When we are mean minded and filled with hatred and we act out our true heart, we can assume that the same treatment will return to us. Having a tongue that is condescending at best, invites for us to be treated the same way. Your actions toward others that stir up strife and lack of harmony in your relationships is a basic way of saying you want to be treated the same way. 

At times we foster our own misery by our own actions. So my friends, a good way to have peace and harmony is to do unto others what you would have them do unto you.

I truly believe that this golden rule should be taught and practiced within every home and school.

It might be very basic but it is a solid foundation for life.

Marty

3 comments:

  1. Following this measure would take the angst and anger from life, mine and others.
    Thank you for this reminder

    ReplyDelete
  2. Following this command would remove angst and anger from my life and others. Thank you for the reminder
    Thank God for the command

    ReplyDelete
  3. Show perfect courtesy to all people. Speak evil of no one. Look to the interests of others. But in humility count others more significant than yourself!

    ReplyDelete