Sunday, September 24, 2023

Silence Is Golden 9/24/2023

 Good Morning,

I have a large cup of Door County Caramel Apple Coffee next to me. I have two Springer Spaniels on the floor by my feet and it is time to write.

131:2 But I have calmed and quieted myself. I am like a weaned child with its mother, like a weaned child I am content. 


I was already outside for a few minutes this morning. It was extremely quiet while I was out there. Nothing was stirring. I actually noticed the quiet. It seemed like I was the only one on the planet. I swear I could feel my heart beat. I stood out  there and actually absorbed the silence. 

I think I missed a golden opportunity to pray while standing in the dark without any interruptions, or background noise.  Later this morning, the noise started up. The coffee was brewing, the birds started chirping, a dog or two barked a little. The total quiet vanished. 

Friends, avoid the temptation of adding noise to your life when God gives you total quiet. Does the radio need to be blaring? Does the television become necessary? Soon after the noise comes in the competition begins for your attention. Cherish the peace and quiet enough to save it from interference. Use that time to pray and be thankful. 

God bless,

Marty


2 comments:

  1. I find the quiet time with the LORD the best part of my day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Science can tell you what that tree is made of, why that bird can fly, what makes that flower red but it can’t tell you why we find it beautiful.
    We are made for beauty, we are made in the image of a beautiful God. Paul said “the glory of God is reflected in the things that are seen”. Take time and enjoy Gods creation!

    ReplyDelete