Thursday, September 28, 2023

Hello Darkness 9/28/2023

 Good Morning,

Door County Pumpkin Spice Coffee decorated my cup this morning and it is time to write. 

Photo Credit. Nick Schutte Sunrise On Wind Lake

In 1964 Simon and Garfunkel sang the song Sounds Of Silence,. Part of the lyrics written makes the statement Hello darkness, my old friend. Although explained to be a humorous expression of despair. I find it far from that. 

I will make an attempt to express my thoughts on darkness. I have had some of my deepest times of sorrow, despair, loss of will, and bouts of depression accompanied by hiding out in the dark of my room or my home. Daylight or any light at all was just not welcome. I became disconnected with God during those times. I now realize that my soul, and my heart were craving the Light of The World.

Psalm 18:28 For it is you who light my lamp. The Lord my God lightens my darkness. 

We all can get into a funk of a mood now and then, and to foster and grow exasperation adding darkness to our surroundings doesn't help. 

If this note finds you in a sad situation seek out God first and talk it over with Him

Surrender your problems to Him. Change your surroundings and get outside during the day. Turn on some lights or light some candles. But set the mood for light and not darkness. 

John 18:12 Jesus spoke to them saying, " I am the Light of the World. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life. 

Praying for you!

Marty


1 comment: