Saturday, September 9, 2023

Sitting On Top Of The World.

 Good Morning,

I am sitting at my desk with a hot cup of Door County Highlander Grog Coffee and it is time to write. 

Later this morning I will fry up some Neuskes Cherry Smoked Bacon, add a couple of eggs and a fresh bun and my day will be set in motion. 

Philippians 4:11-13 I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through Him who gives me strength.

I am not a rich man, but I am comfortable. I am not a young man, but I am experienced. I don't have a lot of children or grand children . I love the ones I have. The garage isn't filled with expensive cars, but they are trustworthy and get us where we want to go. We don't eat steak or lobster every day, but we have a freezer that is full, a pantry that is stocked and allows us to share with others. 

Yet, I feel like I am sitting on top of the world. I have learned to be content and happy comes with being content. I know my God and my God knows me. He blessed me with a wonderful wife and we share a lot in common. She can dress up all fancy and dine in the finest of places. The next day she is content with blue jeans and a hot dog from a corner stand. I don't have a "contentious wife" that the Bible warns us of. 

So from my view of my part of the world, I sit on top. My friends, as you go through today, look around you and count your blessings instead of what you don't have. Learn to be content, and strive if you so desire to make improvements, but don't miss out on life while doing so.

Have a great day!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment