Thursday, September 7, 2023

Still Crocheting After All These Years 9/7/2023

 Good Morning,

The day began with a hot cup of Door County Peanut Butter Crunch Coffee and some prayer. 

Today I want to brag a little about my mother in law. She turned 96 years old in July and still does crochet work as a hobby. For many years now she has entered her needle work in competitions held by the Walworth County Fair. She has accumulated many prize ribbons for placing highly in the competition. She doesn't enter as many items as she used to, but what she enters is of good quality. This year was no exception. She came home with another 7 ribbons for her work. 

I hope if I live that long that I can still do quality work on something like she does. She is already planning what she might crochet for next year. I hope she does crochet work for as long as she can and still enjoy it. 

My point for the day is this. Just because you might be aging, it doesn't mean you are ready for the scrap pile. Do what you can do as long as you can do it and enjoy yourself. Make this world a better place each day by participating in the day. Make a difference for as long as you can, and count each day as a bonus.

Isaiah 46:4 even to your old age and gray hairs, I am He, I am He who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you. I will sustain you and rescue you. 

Have a great day!!!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment