Saturday, June 3, 2023

Wedding Day And A Graduation 6/3/2023

 Good Morning.

It feels good to be sitting in the den with the window open and listening to my part of the world wake up. The song birds are active this morning and making music already. I just poured a hot cup of Door County Cream Coffee and I must admit it is going down smooth like silk on a polished table. 

1 Timothy 2:1 First of all, then, I urge the supplications, prayers, intercessions and thanksgivings be made for all people. 


My wife Rene and I have a busy schedule today today and it is the kind of busy we like. We are attending a graduation celebration for one of the young men who lives across the street from us. Then shortly after that we will be attending the wedding of a young couple from our church. In both instances they have plans for the future. Our young buddy across the street will be attending college in the fall and headed toward a career path of his choice. The young couple will be stepping into marriage and missionary training. If I were to assess the three of them I would call them solid. From what I have witnessed of them they seem ready and willing to take on this old world.

I am a typical guy when it comes to weddings and graduations. I know we will be bringing a gift to both occasions today. How do I know this? My wife told me we are. Ask me what they are and I will just smile and say it it's a surprise. I am sure she told me what they are somewhere along the line but as with most guys I forgot or wasn't listening. 

I do know this however. All three of those kids just jumped into the world of unknowns. I can tell you this, all three were prayed for this morning and I will commit to praying for them on a weekly basis and whenever God  brings them to my feeble mind. They are on my calendar for the next year. 

So my friends, you might find yourself in my shoes as well. Give a gift that they can see and that is great. Also give the gift of prayer. And the answer to your prayer might even surprise you. 

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment