Sunday, June 25, 2023

Rain To Wash Your Face 6/25/2023

 Good Morning,

Today my cup was just filled with some very hot Door County Peanut Butter Crunch Coffee and now it is time to write.

Hosea 10:12 Sow for yourselves righteousness; reap steadfast love, break up your fallow ground, for it is time to seek the Lord, that he may come and rain righteousness upon you.


Last night we received some much needed rain. It wasn't a lot of rain but at this point in a drought every little bit helps. I have been praying for rain to come and last night it came. It felt good to be outside as the rain drops began to fall. I stayed outside until my head was wet and I washed my face with my wet hands. It was quite late into the night and I just happened to be awake when the rain started. 

It sounds silly but I did take the time to wash my face after midnight with God's gift. I took full advantage of God's gift and answered prayer. I have been very busy lately and it will wind down after this week. That cool rain on my face felt so refreshing that I stayed in the yard and just enjoyed my time celebrating  answered prayer.

We tend to take a lot of things for granted and don't appreciate what we have until we don't have it. To be awake and able to enjoy a gift from God was faith at it's best. If the rain had come on a work day it still would have been nice, but also inconvenient. I just want to say that I enjoyed my walk in the garden with God and the gift of the rain. That time not only was physically refreshing, but it also refreshed a parched soul and gave me an upstart to this upcoming busy week. 

Find some rain and wash your face and  let your soul be renewed by time spent with God.

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment