Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Think Twice Before You Run To The Whiskey 6/6/2023

 Good Morning,

I just poured a hot cup of Door County Pretzel Toffee Coffee and it is time to write. 

This is a sensitive subject and one that I have experience in. I will go straight to the point and just say what has to be said. I was listening to a young man last week as he discussed his recent divorce. I quote "I had a wife. She drove me to drink. That's all I can thank her for." My heart breaks for this guy. 

There can be many reasons in a lifetime that would cause all of us to want to forget, heal, forgive, or just plain old want to move on. I can tell you from experience that the whiskey bottle never helps anyone to accomplish anything. The feeling of being numb to emotions is only a temporary solution that just doesn't work in the long run. Once alcoholism sets in, brain cells are lost, jobs can disappear, the will to live escapes us, and fortunes are lost at the bar or at home. Relationships that might be able to be restored are made worse by having to deal with a drunk. Promises made, aren't kept and before too long you just don't care. This is when the bottle controls you not you controlling the bottle. 

John 10:10 the thief comes to only to steal and kill. I have come that they may have life, and have it abundantly. 

Isaiah 26:3 You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast because they trust in You.

There comes a time in the life of the hurting and confused, that a choice has to be made. The path of slippery whiskey or the path that leads to a life renewed by Christ.. My recommendation is think twice before turning to the bottle, it only makes things worse. Jesus Christ is the only answer that will never let you down. 

Marty 


2 comments:

  1. I am a man who has been to both looking for happiness, you are dead right. The bottle whether it's beer or booze is only a patch and it doesn't stick. I was fortunate to have a wife and a pastor who prayed for me, I was blessed to have the desire for alcohol taken from me. I would not have given up drinking but an All Powerful God took it from me and I praise Him for that.

    ReplyDelete